Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Warm Winter Fuzzies


During the winter when sunlight is fleeting and temperatures turn frigid, it's natural to feel drab and gravitate to any ensemble possible to keep warm. I often catch myself layering up, but with black and grey outfits on repeat. Unfortunately, this lazy habit does nothing to lift my spirits on those long, cold and dreary days. 


One of the ways which I try and add a little "spring" (pun very much intended :)) to my step is by choosing a winter coat that packs a punch of colour. That's why I couldn't resist acquiring this turquoise toggle coat from J.Crew when it went on sale just after Christmas. The toggle fastenings remind me of a similar coat I had as a child, which ironically I despised back then, because of its uninspiring brown colour. This time around, I'm more than pleased with the hue of the J.Crew coat and love pairing it with fuzzy boots, furry earmuffs and a cozy blanket scarf.


Are you a fan of winter brights or do you prefer to stick to monochromatic colour schemes? Would love to hear how you fashionably cope through the cold.

Thanks for reading and stay warm everyone!

*V*


Style File:
Coat: J.Crew Wool Melton Toggle Coat (out of stock) l similar here and here
Blanket Scarf: Zara (sold out) l similar here and here
Earmuffs: Danier
Fuzzy Boots: Forever 21 (old) l similar
Bag: Kate Spade (old) l similar



1 comment: